- Computer performance analysis - problems, techniques and areas of
- Performance evaluation of processors.
- Performance indicators of memory systems.
- Memory throughput. Memory utilization. Memory hierarchy. Effective address
- Performance evaluation of disks (linear, discrete and continuous models).
- Performance models of CD ROMs and magnetic tapes.
- Computer system modeling based on queuing networks.
- Poasson process. Birth-death process. Exponential and non-exponential
models. Pollaczek-Khinchin formula.
- Closed networks. Cyclic model of multiprogramming. Central server model.
- Buzen's algorithm.
- Open networks, Jackson's theorem. Equivalent transformations (serial and
parallel connection, cyclic connection).
- Interactive systems, deterministic and stochastic modeling.
- Operational analysis - open networks, closed networks, central-server
networks, MVA algorithm.
- How to choose the most suitable technique for computer system performance
analysis (analytical models, measurement techniques, simulation). Presentation
and interpretation of results.